YO YO YO! I’ve kind of been slacking on the deep thoughts the past few weeks, but trust me – I’ve had LOTS of deep thoughts. Get ready, because they are coming your way soon. In the meantime, I came across this article today, and I thought it was worth sharing. Here are 10 habits to improve your life.
Life is precious and fleeting, and the problem is, we always think we have time. This year has been kind of an existential crisis for me, and I am slowly realizing that time, and my body, will not afford me the luxury of being able to do everything I want to do in this life on this planet. So I’ve realized, I need to really and truly prioritize thing things I want to do daily, weekly, monthly, yearly, by the time I am 40, you get the drift. And I need to be realistic about my goals, and not give up or get frustrated. The author of this article has a great list that I really related to. I’m quoting the author’s list and then adding my own notes. Enjoy! The original article is here on Huff Post
1. Stay away from people who erode your quality of life. – legit. do it.
2. No more phone, tablet, or computer in bed. – YIKES. OK – I am working on this. More books.
3. Appreciate the here and now. – This too will pass, and stop to smell the flowers.
4. Realize that things aren’t always as you perceive them to be. And that perception is reality – so think happy thoughts. The power of positive thinking.
5. Get started, even though you might fail. How about you will fail. You will fail many times. but you’ll forget that once you reach your goal. Be patient. It will come.
6. Get organized. Yep. Get rid of clutter and find a space that makes you most efficient.
7. Start a collection of the things that truly resonate with you. – Mine is quotes. As you probably know. haha. I have a whole album of “Mantras” on Pinterest. And a bunch of articles on Pocket. and a lot of them I post here 🙂
8. Do something that reminds you who you are. THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING. I was watching a documentary on happiness – they studied the happiest people in the world, and I realized that I felt great about 99.9% of the things that those people had in common – but I was missing the biggest one. How do I want people to remember me? What have I done in my life? WHO AM I?????????? What do I stand for? And I started writing. and I kept going. And it’s been an evolving process. But it’s easier to decide what to prioritize in life once you have a sort of definitive idea of who you are and what you stand for.
9. Say no. Sometimes, it’s not that you don’t want to , it’s just that you don’t have time. And that’s ok. Take care of your soul.
10. Stick to realistic goals. If you want to take a trip to Hawaii, plan for 2 years. Save, plan, save, plan, research, plan, etc. Realize that everything takes time. and realize that you don’t always have the time to do it all.
If you stick with these, youll be less anxious and you’ll enjoy your time on this planet a bit more. trust me – I promise. It’s all part of the journey.
Sending love + light your way –