OK – I’ve been eating this all week and it’s DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!
I found it on this site – the realfoodrds.com – and with the few ingredients and the prep time I was totally sold.
Here’s your grocery list – and if you’re like me, you may already have this stuff 🙂 see Meal Prep – a Life Hack for more.
- 2 lbs – ish chicken breast – organic if you can.
- 12-ounces of Salsa Verde – get the purest you can find.
- I used this, it was the purest I could find on the shelf. If there are chemicals you can’t pronounce – ditch it.DO NOT get Pace, or any of the other generic salsa brands. FYI – if you can’t find it – It’s also called tomatillo salsa! You can make it yourself – I’d recommend this. and for the record – tomatillo seeds are WAYYYYY spicier than jalapenos. DO. NOT. TOUCH. THEM. this is a very simple homemade salsa verde.
- 1 4-ounce can fire roasted green chiles – I got these…. I didn’t drain them bc I thought the liquid would be helpful – but I’d recommend draining and subbing with low sodium chicken broth
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- Sea salt and pepper – if you want, but it really doesn’t need it.
- Fresh cilantro for serving! Because – YUM.
- I served this on Green Giant Riced Veggies – Cauliflower Medley, which is amazing.
I got 4 servings out of this. It’s a super protein rich, delicious and low carb recipe. And so easy! Such an easy and healthy recipe. Once you have all of the ingredients, take them and put them all in your crockpot. Mix them up a bit, so everything gets seasoned. Seal the lid, put it on high and walk away! I did mine for 4 hours on high, then 30 min on low, then turned it off to let the steam rise before I took it out + packaged it. I shredded the chicken in the crockpot with two forks. I put the chicken in one container and I brought the bag of rice to work with me and got 3 cup servings out of that.
This freezes well when pre- portioned. Let me know how you like it!
Like this recipe? Pin it so others can too!