9 Great Reasons Everyone Should Write
I’ve truly found that keeping a journal has been therapeutic for me through most of my life – I credit it with a lot of my personal growth. I always encourage my friends to do it when they are going through something they don’t understand. I’ll do it when I am going through something I understand. A lot of therapy and counseling is breaking through to something that was already inside of you, and journaling, I believe, is a great way to do that on your own accord. (but when it’s too big for you to handle, always talk to a professional 🙂 )
1. It provides structure for difficult-to-express feelings.
2. It memorializes significant events. (so does photography :))
3. It promotes awareness.
4. It integrates the right and left brain.
5. It’s a passion.
6. It sheds light on truths you weren’t looking even for.
7. It creates a dialogue of self-acceptance.
8. You learn to separate your true self from your inner critic.
9. It makes your intuition much clearer.